FireAcad® Sprinkler Design Software
The World's Most Efficient Sprinkler Design Software with Hydraulic Calculations
Prior knowledge of AutoDesk® AutoCAD® is very minimal because FireAcad® has all the required built-in cluster of commands to help ease workflow, without knowing any AutoCAD® commands. Thus, the beauty of FireAcad® is that it is a complete, automatic sprinkler system design software with hydraulic calculations. Its three-dimensional capabilities are second to none in the sprinkler system design industry. The designer using this sprinkler system design drawing can draw with accurate details at any given time.
How to Purchase our Software
Set Up License
Features & Benefits of FireAcad®
- Can create 3D drawings able to be used in Autodesk® AutoCAD®, Audodesk® Navisworks®, or Autodesk® Revit MEP for BIM (Building Information Modelling) drawings
- Can calculate the proper length of pipe and allow for head loss for a sloped roof. This is done while drawing and is an important feature of the 3D command
- Will automatically place and cut the riser nipples, drop nipples and hangers without any extra input
- Has built-in windows-based hydraulic calculations
- Can automatically calculate riser nipples, sprinkler drops and spig ups. Competitors' programs that are only 2D can only do this by using a manual input. This can be very time consuming and prone to input error
- NFPA formatted printout
- Used Hazen-Williams formula as per NFPA
- Perform Hazen-Williams, Darcy Weisbach and Chezy Manning calculations
- Can automatically lay out the hydraulic reference points. Other programs must do this by hand, so if you do not get it right the first time, you must start all over - a very time-consuming task when done by hand. FireAcad® will also allow placing the hydraulic reference points on the drawing for the calculation area, or all the way back to the water source.
- Does not need to quit Autodesk® AutoCAD® to use the hydraulic calculation. Some of the other programs do not have their own built-in calculations aand must exit Autodesk® AutoCAD® to do the calculations. FireAcad® comes complete with hydraulic calculations, at no extra cost.
- Will connect all of the sprinkler line piping to the sprinkler heads automatically, including the rise nipples, in one key stroke. Others must connect the sprinkler piping one piece at a time when not in a warehouse type of environment and would be very time consuming.
- Can put the pipe sizing on the drawing only after the hydraulic calculation is finished. Others will do it before doing hydraulic calculations. This means you will be changing the sizing and text after the calculation is finished.
- Has the ability to update the drawings when updating the hydraulic calculation every time. Some programs cannot update the drawing after performing multiple updates.
- Ceiling tile layout can be preset or customized for any layout at any starting point using any type of ceiling
- Lets you lay out sprinklers, ceiling tile and ceiling fixtures with one command. Other programs can take three commands or more to do the same
- Lets the end user easily change the pricing of the material
- Can place break arms, or extra sprinkler heads, or break the sprinkler line around openings or obstructions with ease, right after the sprinkler line is drawn. FireAcad® can also place sprinklers at the top of the riser nipples
- Has fully usable metric drawing capabilities. You can start out with metric and switch to imperial (English) at any point in time during or at the end of the drawing process, or vice versa, with complete accuracy
- Can show the type of pipe used as well as the type of finish. For example, threaded end, grooved, etc. right on the drawing and fabrication sheets.
- Can cut the pipe hangers automatically without having to specify the height of each column. This is another benefit of 3D
- Allows pipes to cross over each other without pipe interference, like what would happen in other programs that are using antiquated 2D methods. When they cross each other, they will intersect and the end user must separate them manually, one piece at a time.
- Can have three different pipe types and three different densities for three different calculations per drawing without affecting the other two calculations. This is extremely useful in a warehouse with offices in the front, where the plant may be an extreme hazard and the offices considered a light hazard
- Has sprinkler layout command to lay out sprinkler heads. If you are in an area that has many different offices or rooms but has the same ceiling, fill in the command information once and use it for every room that is the same. You don't have to redo the same command for every room as in other programs. When using this sprinkler layout command, you can ill in such things as sprinkler handlers, sprinkler head type and temperature, ceiling grid type, direction, layout as well as sprinkler head spacing. You will also be able to insert lights and heating diffusers.
- Print out the water graph and the hydraulic node diagram for the calculations. The water graph includes the hose allowance as well as the curve for the fire pump.
- Can window any area on the drawing and copy it to an empty spot on the drawing to be able to rotate it in 3D to show an exact, blow-up area in detail
- Will always update the drawings and shop fabrication sheets to match the hydraulic calculations when multiples updates have been doe. Some programs will not allow you to perform this important function
- Can "turn off" section layers to prevent them from being listed, but they can be turned back on. This is very handy if parts of the section do not need to be listed
- Automatically nodes the water path using hydraulic reference points for the area of application, back to the water source. Some of the other programs require you to do it manually, which can be time-consuming, especially when the path is incorrect the first time and it must be redone
- Will automatically place the swing joints for the line piping at the roof peak for pre-engineered buildings. The cross main piping on the other side of the building will automatically be moved over to the proper space that coincides with the distance of the swing joint. Another important feature of 3D is the ability to turn off any desired swing joint to bend the pipe
- Has hanger list command that allows for sorting hanger rod lengths, rod diameters, ring types and ring sizes, as well as the type and quantity of the hanger attachment. This command will automatically place, cut, sort and list all hangers.
- Allows the adding or deleting of miscellaneous material to the shop device pick out sheets as well as updating the pricing sheets and purchasing sheets. Can do it before printing the shop fabrications lists.
- Has a "RESORT" command that can resort the piping to an exact and specific order instead of doing it manually
- Can automatically move grooved couplings when an outlet for the main or light wall lines are too close to the outlet.
- Shows the main and light wall lines cut dimensions from the outlets to the grooved couplings in addition to centre-to-centre dimensions
- Allows the designer to cut the drawings using centre-to-centre dimensions or pipe-cut dimensions
- Allows user to globally scale the text size of the entire drawing or any portion of the drawing, up or down
- Allows for an unlimited number of pipes, sprinkler heads, and hydraulic reference nodes for the drawing as well as unlimited number of hydraulic calculations
- Allows up to seven float mains for grid systems and can still use the automatic calculation and stock listing procedures
- Allows viewing the stock listing program and having the option to edit before printing
- Can automatically draw return bends
- Has a "PIPE CLEAN UP" command that will automatically remove the pipe running through the centre of the heads and put all the piping details onto the drawing. For example, it will automatically add riser and elbow symbols.
- Automatically cuts hanger on joints according to NFPA#13 or manual requirements
Pricing & System Requirements
|Annual Renewal Fee:
|Software Upgrade Fee:
Compatible Up to AutoDesk® AutoCAD® 2021
Our software is compatible with Autodesk® AutoCAD® Versions 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. Recommended system requirements for use with the most recent Version of AutoCAD® is provided below.
Windows® 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit)
Windows® 10 (32-bit, 64-bit)
|Basic: 2.5-2.9 GHz Processor
Recommended: 3+ GHz Processor
|Basic: 8 GB
Recommended: 16 GB
1920 x 1080 with True Color Display
High Resolution & 4K Displays:
Resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 are supported on Windows® 10, 64-bit systems (with capable display card)